Tuesday, April 3, 2012

WEEK 8                                                                         3rd APRIL 2012

TITLE : Solar Panel

OBJECTIVES: Research of Solar Panel

CONTENTS/ PROCEDURES:

For my project, as mention, it will be use the aid of renewable energy which is Solar energy. I had decide to use 12V solar panel. In order to increase the voltage, the solar panel connection can be connected in series. Let say, I want to use 5V solar panel per unit, if I connect three of it in series, I will end up getting 15V of supply.

series solar panel


RESULT / ANALYSIS:

Solar panel has two major type which is polycrystalline (poly) or a monocrystalline (mono). There are not much different between both of them. But in some cases, mono is more efficient due to high efficiency compare to poly. But poly is less expensive than mono and also poly tend to be better in high temperature than mono. From the datasheet however, there is not much difference in energy output whether to have a polycrystalline (poly) or a monocrystalline (mono) panel. So, as for now, I tend to use poly solar panel for my project. 

Poly type solar panel
 

CONCLUSION:


As a conclusion, Poly solar panel is better option for now as it is less expensive and it is more resistant to the heat effects.

" ...With ALLAH blessing, plus with Supervisor guidance, plus with Family support, plus with Friends advise, I know I will do my best to finish this project, INSYAALLAH..."

No comments:

Post a Comment